5 Stunning Bridal Shower Ideas for Summer
Wedding season is at its peak during the months of May, June, July, August, and September, so the search for summer bridal shower themes is in high demand around this time of the year. If you are looking for a unique theme for your – or your friend’s – bridal shower celebration, I got you covered! Below are five bridal shower themes and decor ideas for summer!
I love summer, event planning, and celebrations, so I wanted to create a round-up of summer bridal shower themes inspired by all the beautiful products I currently see trending on Etsy and Pinterest.
Sometimes, inspiration hides in the smallest details, such as in cookies, macarons, a gorgeous vintage teapot, or cowgirl boots. Just take a look at these stunning bridal shower ideas I collected from around the web. But don’t be fooled, I also drew some inspiration from baby showers (my specialty!).
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. For more information, please read my Affiliates Disclosure.
1. Pink and Gold Bridal Shower
When used in subtle and delicate hues and in good proportions, pink is always a good choice for feminine celebrations. Pair it with gold, and you can add the perfect amount of glam to your outdoor party or intimate soiree. Be mindful of the shade of pink you choose and the amount you use, as you would not like your bridal shower to scream ‘Princess First Birthday.‘
- Fill glitter-dipped mason jars with pink gerberas and bloomed white roses for a romantic look. If DIY is not your thing, check out these gorgeous mercury mason jars.
- Add a touch of gold to your food. Pink and gold macarons sure make a very glamorous impression!
- Pink heart soap favors. These are made with goat milk and flower petals!
2. Rustic, Country-Western Bridal Shower
I love all things rustic and western! Gather with your friends in a farmhouse setting perfect for this theme, and have a relaxed bridal shower celebration this summer. Wildflowers, cowgirl boots, and a romantic country music playlist will set the mood.
Sunflowers resemble sunny days, so they are a great choice for a rustic summer bridal shower celebration. Start with this simple and minimalist sunflower-themed bridal shower invitation.
- Nest bunches of colorful alstroemerias, roses, and sunflowers inside country boots for inexpensive, rustic, yet eye-catching decor.
- Your guests will love the presentation of refreshing pineapple coolers nested in a wire basket and adorned with floral-scented herbs.
- Bridal shower soap favors with wildflowers complement the rustic look.
3. Beach Themed Bridal Shower
The muted hues of seafoam green, light blue, and white are the perfect starting point. A beach-themed bridal shower should be relaxing and laid back.
Some things you can do to make your guests comfortable:
- Offer plenty of refreshing summer cocktails.
- Place a small tub with travel-size sunblock, flip-flops, and handheld sandalwood fans.
- I love how these summer-lovin’ beachy heart cookies resemble a white sandy beach with light ocean blue icing. It’s the tiny pink flip-flops for me!
- Starfish soap or cute wine charm favors will complement this theme.
4. Garden Tea Party Bridal Shower
This is probably my favorite summer theme for a bridal shower. Host a summer afternoon high tea bridal shower party! Serve light snacks, tarts, scones, and hot tea. Create romantic and beautiful place settings with mismatched vintage china and upcycled teapots.
PRO TIP: Check out this article on women’s tea party ideas, written by yours truly when I was a contributor for e-how.
- Browse Etsy for vintage finds, they have the best and most unique floral teapots and tea sets. Of course, you can also find plenty of options on Amazon, like this beautiful pink floral porcelain teapot.
- Add floral ice cubes to refreshments, like sparkling water, flavored water, mocktails, fizzy drinks, or other cocktails. These ice cubes are perfect for a summer tea bridal shower theme.
5. Nautical Themed Bridal Shower
Ever since I designed our son’s nautical nursery, I have been in LOVE with anything nautical.
The timeless combination of navy and white will give your bridal shower celebration a preppy look without too much effort. Concentrate on three key elements to achieve the nautical feel: anchors, stripes, and ropes/knots. Stay away from light blues and sea foam/mint green elements since these hues tend to be more beachy (see idea #3) than nautical.
- These anchor bottle openers will make a great bridal shower favor.
- Use a navy blue striped tablecloth to set the nautical mood with very low effort.
- What can be more refreshing than a blueberry mojito on a hot summer day? Crushed blueberries make the perfect navy blue drink.
Shop These Summer Bridal Shower Themes
Which one of these summer bridal shower themes is your favorite?