Welcome, I am Flavia!
My mission is to help you simplify your life by keeping your home organized while enjoying your daily tasks and chores. I am passionate about homemaking and love implementing innovative organizational systems, habits, and routines to help me live my best life, and I want to share them with you!
When I graduated as an engineer, I never imagined I would be a blogger and that my blog would flourish into the business it is today. I was working corporate jobs (that I didn’t care much for!) while dreaming of my own product assembly line.
I have always loved writing, reading, and creating; what once was a hobby turned into this wonderful new career. I founded Neat House. Sweet Home® as the place where my engineering skills and my love for organization, design, and pretty aesthetics could meet.
I define myself as an engineer by profession and an artist by heart. My engineering background makes me precise, neat, and a perfectionist. The artist in me balances out those moments when I want to go ‘by the book’ and allows me to create beautiful things.
I am obsessed with paper, binders, paint, home decor, and design. And I am slightly addicted to storage baskets… and coffee. Lots. Of. Coffee ☕️
Keeping up with the house seemed simple back when we were only two. I was a newlywed and had recently moved into our first home, which meant a clean slate. I had time to sort bills and paperwork and keep filing folders for each possible group and clothes, sheets, and towels neatly tucked away in their respective closets.
Fast forward a couple of years, and we become 3. Becoming a mother has been a blessing, and I would not trade one day for anything, but having a boy has meant we have more hot wheels than we can count, therefore my obsession with storage baskets and containers.
How The Blog Came To Be
The idea of publishing this blog dawned on me by the kitchen sink… go figure!
When our son started Preschool, I realized I needed to create an organization system for all those first drawings and art projects he proudly brought home. If I did not do that (soon!), not only would I lose my mind watching them pile up quickly on my kitchen counter, but I was also going to regret if I ever lost the daily report from his very first day of school.
Say what? Yes, I cherish little things like that.
Owning and running my home-based business has helped me manage my schedule at my convenience, but managing time can be very tricky when you work from home, and for small business owners like me, there’s no time to lose. Also, my work can be chaotic at times since I spend a lot of time sorting papers, tools, and computer files.
To start, I designed my very own to-do list to fit my needs and published it as a printable on the blog. This is one of the most popular posts to date and one of the most popular printable to-do lists on Pinterest.
10 Things About Me
1. English is my second language. My maternal language is Spanish, and my paternal language is Italian.
2. Coffee keeps the blood running through my veins. I love the aroma of freshly brewed coffee even more than the drink itself! I have an average of 3 cups daily: black with one sugar.
3. I love cats. I was 2 years old the first time I interacted with one. I cried all night because I could not bring it home with me.
4. I used to be a print and runway model. I paid cash for my first PC with the money I made on a photo shoot for a clothing brand. The photoshoot lasted 12 uninterrupted hours, and it was exhausting! The reward: I earned the same amount of money I made in a whole month’s worth of work as an engineer intern. I wanted to pursue a modeling career, but life took a different turn, and I am very happy where I am today.
5. On a random day in 2007, I changed the radio station and landed on Country radio. That day Country music stole my heart, and I have never looked back.
I am slightly obsessed with Luke Bryan and blast his music in my car like nobody’s watching (listening). No shame. My son sings along with me: “Baby, watch your step now; better have your boots on.” #startemearly
6. I love Middle Ages TV shows such as Outlander, The Last Kingdom, and The Tudors. Thank you, Netflix!
7. ‘I Love Lucy’ + takeout buffalo wings and pizza = My kind of Friday night.
8. It may sound cliché, but Christmas is my favorite time of the year. Play some Elvis and give me some eggnog: perfection.
9. Cracker Barrel Old Country Store is always a good idea. Always.
10. I adore road trips.
I am excited to share my home organization, decor, and home improvement ideas with you. Please join me on this journey, and let’s organize our way to a neat living, and happy life.