Hello, and welcome to Neat House. Sweet Home™ ! – I am delighted to have you over.
This blog was born one afternoon when by the sink, cleaning a dingy and bent cookie sheet, I realized that my belongings needed to be in order so I could enjoy life more.
Why was I wasting my time scrubbing an old cookie sheet when I had purchased new ones a few months back? I just didn’t know where I placed them… and I never took the time to sort through the old ones and toss them.
But life works in mysterious ways and if it wasn’t for that simple moment, I don’t think I would have thought about starting this blog. Or at least to start a blog in this niche.
The ‘Neat House’ Part
I get it, we are always on the run. How can we possibly keep up with the house and keep it neat when we have to comply with work schedules, take the kids to and from school, soccer and everything in between. We have to plan and prepare nutritious and healthy meals for our family, run household errands and be kind to friends and family by helping out in any possible way. Been there, done that.
- I want you to know that I believe that homemaking is not a race that you must win. To me, homemaking is a journey that you should enjoy.
- I want you to know that my house is not ‘that’ neat by any means. I pick up messes every single day, my kitchen counter will always hold papers and toys, and my sink will always have some dirty dishes waiting to be cleaned. Not to mention, my ‘creative room’ always looks like a glitter bomb went off.
This blog holds me accountable for keep working on it everyday while enjoying the journey. And I do that by designing printable files, developing easy and inexpensive organization systems and sharing them all with you.[bctt tweet=”Homemaking is not a race that you must win. To me, homemaking is a journey that you should enjoy.”]
The ‘Sweet Home’ Part
If you are reading this, like me, you strive for organization. You want to come home and say: ‘ahh! home, sweet home.’
There is something about our lifestyles that cause us to be surrounded by clutter. And physical clutter translates into mental clutter.
The more you have, the more you are occupied. But the less you have the more free you are. ~Mother Theresa
By decluttering our lives and finding a place for everything we own, we spend less time searching, sorting and cleaning and more time doing what we are supposed to do: enjoy life.
So, Start Here
At Neat House. Sweet Home™ I believe that scattered toys, dirty dishes, and sticky floors are part of life. So, don’t think that I aim for perfection. I don’t, I am human… the DIYer kind of human 😉
At Neat House. Sweet Home™ I aim for a happy state of mind by developing simple systems that help me run my days smoother, so those toys can be picked up quickly, the dishes cleaned in a timely manner and the floors cleaned on a regular basis. No stress, no rush.
Now, let me help you get started by linking you to some popular posts on the blog!
The Basics of Organization
- 5 Time Management Tips for the WAHM
- Getting Organized 15 Minutes at a Time
- Setting Daily Goals (free printable) – This is our most popular post and printable!
- Weekly Meals Planning (free printable) – This is our 2nd most popular post and printable!
Organizing Around The House
- 5 Ways To Keep Your Home Tidy
- Organize the Junk Drawer for Good!
- Quick, Easy and Inexpensive Pantry Organization
- Bathroom Closet Organization (free printable labels)
- The Most Inexpensive and Functional Toy Organizer
Fun DIY Projects and Home Decor
- Easy and Beautiful Tile Coasters
- Chalkboard Lettering in 5 Easy Steps
- Make a Vintage Frame
- Back To School Photo Prop
- Decorate your Office Space