Thanks to NewAir for sponsoring this post. I received a free product in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are 100% my own.
If you have been looking for ideas on how to decorate a small patio on a budget, you’ve come to the right place. For years, I neglected a small deck off my office space, but today I decided to give it a makeover with a small budget of $125. I must thank my friends at NewAir for giving me a push by sending me a misting fan which made the project complete.
Summer in South Florida is brutal. This morning, my patio hit a little over 100 Fahrenheit, so when NewAir offered to send me a misting fan to cool off during the summer months, I did not hesitate to give it a try. Maybe, just maybe, I would use my patio a little more.
But, the patio lacked personality and it needed some TLC. We used to have an outdoor furniture set, but after a few years it rusted, and the cushions faded and tore because of the exposure to the relentless sun. We threw the set away but were able to salvage the table, which sat there, lonely for a couple of years.
Since fall is approaching (so they say, not in South Florida!), I took advantage of a few ‘end of summer’ sales and picked up some patio decor at my local hardware store. I also visited my local TJ Maxx and picked up the cutest porcelain pumpkins which helped me transition the patio decor from summer to fall with zero effort.
NewAir Misting Fan Review
I was super excited to start this project, and knowing how detailed I can be when writing a tutorial, I figured I would take a time lapse video of my patio makeover. You can also watch it here.
Below are the highlights of the product, and my personal and honest opinion:
- Design and Color: the fan body is slim and lightweight. It is a beautiful bronze color which makes it easy to match any outdoor / patio furniture. It coordinates nicely with the table I already had.
- Height: the fan’s height is adjustable and it goes up to 18 inches tall. For now, it is set at 18 inches blowing air at the perfect height while I sit on the Adirondack chairs.
- Speed: There are 3 speeds to choose from. I was surprised how well the lowest speed worked in a steamy patio at 100 degrees. I like a nice, slow breeze, but I am not a fan (ha!) of a strong wind blowing on my face. So, speed 1 was just right! The chain pull adds a classic touch to the fan.
- Dry or Misting: you can use the fan as is, or you can connect a hose and enjoy a fine and refreshing water mist. Have your own little cool zone, just like you will at a restaurant in downtown, or at a water or theme park! I ran the hose from the downstairs patio, through the balcony rails, and tried it out. It works great!
- Oscillation: the oscillating fan and adjustable tilt option circulate air and mist evenly. Perfect for parties, so everyone can enjoy a cool zone.
NewAir has sent me a promotional code just for my readers! Right now through August 30th, 2017, use the code MIST to receive 40% off of a NewAir AF-600 misting fan, just like mine! This misting fan is a must have in any patio, especially if you live in a dry and/or hot climate.
You can learn more about the misting fan here. Offer ends on 8/30/17 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time
How to Decorate a Small Patio on a Budget
Patio furniture that lasts, can be quite expensive. We are talking about $400 to well over $800 for a nice set of couch and/or chairs, and table. So, when I saw these plastic Adirondack chairs on sale at my local Lowe’s, I didn’t hesitate to get at least two.
Here’s the breakdown of my expenses and link to resources:
- 1 – Coffee Table – Old, very old. FREE
- 2 – Plastic Adirondack chairs @ $17.98 each= $35.96 – Find them at your local Lowe’s
- 1 – Round Steel Plant Stand $39.98 – Find it at your local Lowe’s
- 1 – Dragonfly Ceramic Lantern $10.98 – Clearance at local Lowe’s
- 2 – Outdoor Toss Pillows @ $8.88 each= $17.76 – Find at your local Walmart (affiliate link)
- 3 – Porcelain Pumpkin Led Lanterns = $19.97 – Find them at your local TJMaxx or Home Goods
Total cost: $115.65 + local taxes $8.10 = $123.75
Like it? Pin it, save for later!
Hoping I inspired you to go ahead and decorate your patio this fall, on a budget! And don’t forget to add an awesome NewAir misting fan, to make the experience, unique!