Spring cleaning is in full swing, and I am excited to kick off the season by partnering with Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Cleaner, to show you how to clean old laminate floors.
I started the spring cleaning spree in my office, and although decluttering and reorganizing this place is a very long process, deep cleaning the floor was a breeze.
Laminate Flooring in My Office
Six years ago, this loft had a total makeover, and we replaced the old carpet with laminate flooring. To be totally transparent, I never did anything different than vacuum and mop with a mixture of floor cleaner and water. And the mopping part was very sporadic. The truth is, this floor takes a beating every day. I’m lucky if it stays clean and somewhat shiny for more than a day.
This is my studio, where all ‘the magic happens’! I write, design, create, make, and photograph in this place. It is also my son’s favorite hideaway and creative room.
Sometimes, I would hear the story about that kid drawing on the walls, and I would be that mom: ‘My son NEVER did that!’. Except now that he’s almost 8 years old, he writes on the floor! Ha! I found he delineated his own little space in my office with the words ‘My hengout’ (SIC). True story.
I didn’t call him out; I thought it was cute. And I got a chance to put Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Cleaner to the test.
How to Clean Old Laminate Floors with Bona Spray Mop
I figured it was time to show my laminate floors some love to kickstart my spring cleaning. So, I accepted the opportunity to work with Bona and try their spray mop. I dreaded carrying the mop and the bucket upstairs, so a spray mop sounded like a great idea. I can even keep it in a closet near the office.
Turns out, the Bona Spray Mop is easy to assemble, and the Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Cleaner is a ready-to-use spray and mop solution that does not need to be mixed or diluted (yay, for not needing a bucket!) and dries super fast, without leaving dulling residue behind. My laminate floors never looked so shiny. And those scribbles my son made came right off!
Bona Floor Cleaner Features
- Designed specifically to be safe for use on hard surfaces. Not only hardwood but also on linoleum, stone, terrazzo, vinyl, sealed porous marble, laminate, and no-wax sealed tile (ceramic, Mexican Saltillo, quarry). Bona is not just the expert in hardwood but the expert in all floor care.
- It effectively cleans dirt buildup on floors. It removed all dust, dirt, and grime from my office floor in minutes. No effort or scrubbing is necessary.
- It is safe for my family. Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Floor Cleaner has the GREENGUARD GOLD certification. This gives me peace of mind since now my son sits and plays on this floor.
- With 100 years of professional heritage, it is recommended by professionals as the best product to care for non-hardwood floors.
- The mop’s rubber and flexible corners are gentle on my furniture. I can access every corner without damaging my furniture.
Bona Spray Mop Makes Your Life Easier
It’s amazing how something so simple as mopping a floor can change your mindset. I am even more excited now about spring cleaning. I always talk in my posts about gaining momentum, and working with Bona has definitely inspired me to get the ball rolling and spring-clean the rest of my home.
Between blogging, fulfilling Etsy orders, running our family business, and taking care of my second grader, I don’t have much time on my hands. Simplifying floor cleaning with this spray and mop is the best thing that happened to my cleaning routine.
To learn more about these products, visit Bona and discover all the ways you can fall in love again with your tired and old laminate floors.
Happy spring cleaning,