Yesterday we hit 102 degrees at home. Phew, it was so hot and humid it felt like a heated blanket was sitting on top of your head. It is a horrible air to breathe in, I tell you!.
Summer is far from being over, but we are back to school here in FL, and that means papers are starting to pile up on the desk and the calendar is filling up with activities and reminders.
Today, I designed a back to school calendar to help you stay organized this school year and, of course, it has been made to match the files that I have been adding to our Neat House Binder™.
The school district sent in the academic calendar 2015 – 2016 and I have added it to our household binder. The very first day of school, notices started pouring in and immediately I realized there was no way I could add any specific notes -like ‘wear a red shirt on Monday 8/21’- on the school district’s calendar. Too small.
The free printable academic calendar I am sharing with you today includes 12 pages, one for each month of the school year, going from August 2015 to July 2016.
Back To School Calendar and Organization
I know how it goes. Kids come back from school and your kitchen counter starts filling up with schoolwork, notices and reminders.4 tips to help you stay organized this school year while avoiding the paper clutter. #freecalendar Click To Tweet
Here are some tips to help you stay organized this school year while avoiding the paper clutter:
- Download and print your free calendar.
- Create a binder where you can keep the calendar handy and other papers that need to be filed. I love these binders*.
- Each day, read all notices that come in your kids’ folders and decide what to toss and what to file. Most papers are reminders of dates and events that you can jot down on the calendar. So after doing that, you can toss the paper.
- Use an accordion file folder* for each child, and file all school notices and projects that should be saved. Do this as soon as possible. In my experience, don’t wait more than two days as paperwork tends to add up quickly.
* These are affiliate links. For more information, please read my Affiliate Disclosure.
On the calendar mark events such as PTA meetings, curriculum nights, early dismissal, holidays, etc. By the way, we already have 3 holidays marked in the month of September! Next thing you know it’s Thanksgiving and then we have another 3 days off. And then, Fa la la la la, la la la la. 😉
I really hope you enjoy this calendar as much as I do. It’s very practical and definitely pretty 🙂
You can download the calendar by clicking on the link below.
If this is your first time visiting, thank you for reading this post! Do you want more free printables to help you stay organized? Subscribe to our blog and stay up to date.
- You may also like these articles and free printables:
Better yet, send them a pin! Check out my pinterest board Free Printables from NHSH. There you can find every single file I have made, and the pin will link you back to the source on my blog!
Can’t download now? Pin now and come back later!
Have a great day!